Tuesday, 18 January 2011

The Raw Material - Isle sur la Sorgue

The search for new fabric and inspiration started on Sunday at the weekly market in Isle sur la Sorgue, Provence.  It was my first visit of the year to the market which was quiet, however the sun was shining and the sky was blue.  A few of my regular stall holders were there, and we wished each 'meilleur voeux', 'bonne sante' for the New Year.  I managed to pick up some wonderful old sacking with a purple stripe plus  more vintage fabric with a navy stripe - these are destined for bags and perhaps the odd cushion.  I bought some tiny reels of cotton from the lady in the photo.  I'm  not sure want to do with them, I'll probably keep them for display.

Lunch was at the 'Jardin de Quai' tel. 04 90 20 14 98 (a popular place so wise to book ahead).  A fixed price, 3 course lunch (no choice but all delicious) for 40€.  The dessert included an amazing sorbet/ice-cream that was half meringue ,half ice-cream with a wonderful flavour of coconut.

We drove home through Bonnieux, which was quite deserted. The Luberon is probably even more beautiful in its winter colours than during the summer.

I  can't wait to start work on my new fabric and make some wonderful  bags for spring.

2 comments:

  1. I love your story! Good luck with new design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you're story is really lovely! Nice to know your designs from before the scraps!

    ReplyDelete