Thursday, 20 January 2011

Accessorise - Aix-en-Provence

After stocking-up on fabric on Sunday, I thought I would trawl the antique/brocante market in Aix-en-Provence today for some vintage trimmings and further inspiration.  As far as trimmings go, my two ladies who usually come up trumps were absent (it was very cold for Provence, but at least the sun was shining).  So, with no husband to hurry me along I browsed the other brocante stalls and came up with some new ideas.  I sorted  through piles of old postcards and found some very pretty cards. I might use them to make labels or as a background for photographs of my products.  I also bought an engraving of a ladies fashion advertisement from 1839, I would love to find out how I can copy and print it onto  fabric - ideas anyone?



Lunch was at Chez Jo, our favourite pizzeria, their 'plat du jour' is also good. A lively restaurant with friendly service and a mix of locals and tourists, sit outside in the summer and you can watch the world go by. 
Place des Augustins - Tel. 04 42 26 12 47.  

My next post will be a giveaway - 'pay it forward with a handmade surprise'. I will send something handmade by me to the first 3 people who leave a comment and promise to 'pay it forward' in the same fashion.  I just need a bit of time to get some photos together. So watch this space.

A bientot,     
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment